Thursday, November 04, 2010

keepin' us on our toes

Maeve loves standing. Who wouldn't when your brother and sister (and mom and dad) cheer you every single time like it was the first one? The applause is then rewarded with big, super-pleased grins. So so so so cute. She also seems to really enjoy holding things and then standing with them. A book... my cell phone... stuff like that. It's neat watching her little face as she concentrates and adjusts her balance so minutely. Likes a challenge, she does. She likes taking little steps, too, and Bran and Nuala are the perfect height for doing that. They get really excited when she "walks". Heh. Should I warn them they'll be a lot less excited when she is actually walking and able to get into more of their stuff? ;)

We discovered her like this one day. She was quite pleased with herself. More than we were.
Then she started getting a bit concerned about how she was going to get down.
And THEN... a week or so ago I came down the stairs to THIS. Yep, that rascal has decided that the top of the flimsy, slippery table is the place to be. She heads for it a few times a day. I mean, usually I'm right there, or someone else is, but maybe I should Maeve-proof it a little better...

She has no problem getting down. She complains loudly and someone swoops in and rescues her, though really it has seldom come to that since she's not usually up there long enough to complain. Heart, remove thyself from my throat!

8 comments:

Aislinn said...

Ack! She's not old enough to be standing! Tell her to slow down already! Declan came over to see the pics and he says, "Maeve is getting so big and it's happening so fast!" He thinks she's cute, too. ;o) That table looks scary from a mom's perspective, LOL. Maybe you should just put a soft rug under it and call it good. You probably can't stop her from climbing it altogether, but you can soften the blow when she inevitably takes a tumble at some point, LOL. So funny how fast kids learn that all they have to do is screech and help comes a-runnin'!

Tara said...

I can't believe she is already standing up on her own, and climbing all over stuff. She is so adorable. I love her distressed face when she's on the table, so cute. It must be nice to be so thoroughly applauded every time you do something like stand up ;)

pauline said...

Wow, imagine that! She was standing long enough for you to take her picture... that's pretty good! Yes, my heart was getting to my throat too when I saw her on the table ... little rascal! Such cute pics of her, and Nuala too. So, do the twins just each take a hand and walk with her? Love, Mom (Dad too) xox

Carolyn said...

Wow, Fiona, you are an amazing blogger. She is getting so big alright. I like Aislinn's suggestion.

Anonymous said...

On the table? Seriously? Hang on a minute...of course she's on the table. Her big brother and sister are top notch climbers. I'm totally impressed although I feel for you, wondering where you'll find her next. :) Looking forward to seeing you guys again soon, K

Sutherlands said...

I enjoyed catching up on your posts! I love the Halloween one! Maeve is so cute...she reminds me of Alex at that age...climbing and getting into everything! I guess we will be doing that again in about 8 months! Uh-oh!

Julie said...

Oh no! She's too big and monkey-like already! Jonah was like that, always getting up super high. I could never relax. Thankfully you are much more laid back than I am Fiona!

Rob and Erin Smith said...

Hahaha!!! She is so Beautiful and so climby! I love the ones of her sitting on the table! She is getting so big! Wow, 9 months already, time sure does fly!