Friday, August 29, 2008

Snoopers

This post is about Snoopers, my best stuffed dog, eternally stuck in overalls. I've had him as long as I can remember. He's been one-eyed that long, too, but I don't remember why. He probably came that way, I highly doubt I'm responsible for that misfortune. There he is, on my bed. That's me, also on my bed, and then Erin, Dad, Tara, Gary, and Aislinn on the trundle bed.

Nuala took a hankering to Snoopers, too. Not surprising. He's pretty cool for a stuffed dog. Here he is, tucked in with Scooby while driving. We'll do a safety lesson later. But, not the next day after she started playing with my dear old doggy...

...she grabbed his cute little tongue, and ripped it off!!! Yes, just yanked it from his non-existant little doggy mouth. The horror.

I could not believe it...just a little red patch left. She seemed sorry, but I don't know...she kinda looks like a tough little gangster chick trying to send me a message in this picture... "Ya see whut I'm capable of?? Open that fruit leather. Now." His tongue is just lying on the table, waiting for me to decide if he'll undergo surgery or not. Maybe I'll rename him Leper Dog and leave it at that. But, seriously? One day after playing with my best stuffed pal she rips off his tongue? Ah, well. Guess being cute does come in handy, 'cause I don't really mind that much. (DON'T tell Snoopers!)

8 comments:

Gary Patrick Ricker said...

Poor little dog...Nuala does look pretty tough.

pauline said...

I remember Snoopers too.... he's definitely been around :) Glad Nuala likes him.... And, way to go, Bran....asking that wonderful 6pack Dad for ma ma ma of Twinkle Twinkle..... love Mom (alias Granny) xox p.s. Grandad too

Rob and Erin said...

Hahahaha! Poor Snoopers! ahh the ruthlessness of the toddler...just for the record, I think he should be cleared for surgery. I was totally thinking the "tough little gangster chick" thing when I first saw the picture too :0)

Carolyn said...

I don't have much experience with offending my hubby....clean record so far ;)....I will have to wait a little longer for the count to begin. I would really just be happy to have one to accidentally offend, I have no doubt you are really grateful for that too.

Sutton Family said...

Toddler mafia, too funny.

Beth said...

Beth Whisamore, here. I never comment (because I am just a really lazy blog stalker) but I have laughed for an hour over the "You see what I am capable of?? Open that fruit leather. Now." So funny. I love checking in on you guys. I wish we could get Danille and Nuala together because whenever I put Dani in pigtails--she always looks like Nuala.

Tara said...

Lol, this is so funny. Poor Snoopers...My first thought of that picture was of how tough Nuala looks too! But cute-tough!

Aislinn said...

Aw, poor Snoopers. I've had a couple of childhood friends rent in twain by my beloved offspring, so I understand. I remember buying Snoopers for you. Mom and I found him at a thrift store in the Valley and got him for you for your birthday. You must have been 4 or 5. Pretty sure he was one-eyed then, too, but Mom humored me and let me get him because I was convinced you would like him. I think it was the overalls that did it...and your love of dogs...he just looked like a "Fiona" dog. ;o)

Nuala totally looks like a little gangsta gal. LOL!