Thursday, June 26, 2008

Up and Over

So a couple of days ago Nuala figured out how to escape from the pack-n-play. She swings that little leg up and over she goes. This is not good. They hadn't ever tried escaping before, but now...Well, it was really only a problem the first day or so she figured it out. She was in and out, and put back in and then back out, over and over. Last night, I peeked in after putting them down, and there she was, out rummaging through my brother's things. (That's the room they're staying in, and if you read this, Gary, [most of] your stuff is okay!) She threw a baseball into her bed, then looked around, laughed at Bran, who was standing in the corner of his bed longingly watching her frolic, and THEN... she climbed back in!!! Unfortunately, she then noticed the cracked door and climbed back out and I had to go see them. But, boy, she's fast with that leg. And Bran almost attemped an up-and-over tonight, but didn't quite make it. I wonder if they'll try it with their cribs when we get back home.

I know it's normal, but I liked it when they were safely contained. And I definitely can't complain -- according to my parents, I started climbing out of my crib at 10-1/2 months, right about when I learned to walk. (And I still love to climb, though I've perfected the crib escape...off-topic, but optimistically, we packed a bunch of rock-climbing stuff in the twins' luggage. Z actually snuck it all in, and when I tried picking up the previously-rather-light bag, I was quite surprised. The sneak.) But, really, what do you do with that? Seriously, 10-1/2 months?? Yeah, I'm pretty glad neither of my monkeys decided to start escaping that early. That is so not cool when you're the parent.

These are not action escape shots. Just a cute picture from McDonald's today when Nuala was trying to squish through a gate. She had soooo much fun climbing and sliding with her cousins! Bran took a while to warm up to it, then cooled down from it pretty quickly, my cute boy! The second picture illustrates how those little legs go Up! and Over!

5 comments:

Rob and Erin said...

She's so cute! You just want to eat her up! (not literally) She's a rascal teasing poor Bran like that :0) And of course she's got to have the climbing skills, she's Fiona's daughter, haha!

Tara said...

Very cute pictures! Poor Bran, watching from the play pen...I guess Nuala's next trick will be to teach him how ;)

heidi and Doug said...

Hahahah (wait maybe i shouldn't laugh Preston could be next!)

Andrew said...

I know the feeling Mathias has learned to climb out of his crib so much for my peace and quiet and no more laying in bed when hes awake.

zachariah said...

She's so cute playing at McDonalds. That's hilarious that you caught her climbing out and back in, I wonder if she realized she was being naughty by climbing out, and therefore climbed back in? Lol.