Monday, October 24, 2011

chop-chop hair. and a little bit o' snow.

I did it! I got my hair cut! I've been meaning to do it for a while now, but it takes a little work, or rather just coordination, to go do anything without the kiddos, but Tara getting hers cut gave me a little kick in the rear, and off I went! I actually meant to get it a bit shorter, but I really like it. And I was happy to give bangs a shot again, since I bid them an excited farewell back in '99. (The title: Anybody play Chop Chop Ninja on their iTouch/Phone/Pad? Bran likes it, and that phrase always, always, pops into my mind. Okay, only sometimes. But it did just now, and ya know? It kinda works... say it fast, it's fun: chop chop hair!)

Here's the back. I'm pretty sure I didn't have to tell you that. If I did... poor me.
And another from the front. I don't know why. It's pretty much the same as the first one, but you can't see my teeth. I think I was doing the "this is what I look like with kinda dangly earrings" thing. I think I need funkier, longer earrings with short hair. I was always slightly worried that, with my not-so-girly clothes (okay, these two shirts are definitely GIRL shirts, but I purposely was trying to look more put together) and my not-so-out there chest area that I'd look a little more boyish than I wanted to if I had short hair. I mean, I'm not in kindergarten anymore, when Eugene became my instant best friend because he asked me on the first day of school, "are you a boy or a girl?" Honestly made my day. Anyway, I now am thrilled to be a girl. Not a girly girl, but a girl nonetheless, and I think I still look like one. On that note, let me relay a conversation with Nuala:

Me: So, do you like my haircut?
Nuala: Yes! It's beautiful!
Me: Awww, thank you! Would you like your hair to be like this?
Nuala: No, I don't want to look like a boy.
Hmmm....
Kinda the other side of my hair. It's really easy and dries quickly. And now my 20-month old has longer hair than I do.
In other news, it snowed last Sunday. We woke up and started getting ready for church when we noticed the light flurries. Those light flurries just kept a-comin' and added up to a nice little amount. Looking back on it, I am more accepting, since it hasn't continued, but I was quite perturbed at the thought of winter starting in the middle of OCTOBER. And yes, Maeve is out in the snow in her diaper. She's hardcore. And was brought in quickly.
We were slightly late to church, but it was just a little too exciting for the tykes.
Buckets! There were buckets of snow!
Here's Nuala, on her "snow seat" the following day. Actually, it was still outside this past Sunday, though I haven't noticed it since, so it did pretty well, lasting a whole week.
Luckily, autumn was ashamed of itself for cutting out so early and came back to reclaim our mountain. For now... dun dun dun... These pics illustrate the absence of snow on our walk the other day, but also they are cute. No wipeouts occurred.
Nuala did try to fling Bran into the pokey bushes on the side of the lane, much to his delight, but he escaped, much to her annoyance.

7 comments:

Tara said...

Oh my gosh, I looooove your hair! It looks so cute! I'm glad you finally chopped it, it looks great. (Not that it didn't look great before, I just know you've wanted to do it for a while). Hahahaha about Nuala's comment. Kids just say the nicest things, huh? I'm glad your snow cleared up, although I loved that picture of Maeve's cute diapered bum with her coat and boots. And the pic of B and N running is adorable.

Bonnie said...

Oh, I LOVE your haircut! So cute! Last time I got my hair cut Michael said to David, "Dad, what happened to Mom?" Ah, familial support. And what is up with snow in October? Boo on that. I hope Fall heartily repents and stays around for awhile. Cute pics of the kiddos!

Megan and Greg said...

Wow! Cute hair! Let me assure there is nothing masculine about this cut! Only confident sassy women can wear short hair. It's true. Most people don't have the guts and it's so sad. Short hair is the BEST. You're making me miss mine a bit. Snow looks fun!!! That are you a boy story is priceless.

Aislinn said...

THIS IS MOM ... oh, I love your hair ... it is really cute on you ... looks sorta like it's pretty much the same length starting at your bangs... really frames your face nicely too. It's beautiful... Hmmm, I don't remember the Eugene story but I do remember the Fiona kissing Daniel in Kindergarten story ... and the teacher telling the pair of you about the no kissing rule...heeheehee.

The children pics are great ... and I love the early snow too ... what fun for the little rascals! Yes, the running pic is great. Thanks for sharing... Love, Mom (Dad too) xox

Aislinn said...

I LOVE the new hair! It's sooo cute on you! Very flattering and totally "Fiona". The funky, dangly earrings will totally make the look perfect...though the cut is super adorable without any accessorizing, too! Mom and I laughed SO much at the convo with Nuala...toooo funny, and so typically "Nuala". LOL. Also love the look on her face as she prepares to fling Bran into the bushes...classic, LOL. I can't believe you got snow! How exciting...as long as fall came back!

Sutton Family said...

I love your new hair. I really liked mine when I had it short, but my hairdresser moved away and I had a series of terrible cuts that have kind of made me fearful of taking the chance again. and glad to hear the snow didn't stick. Mid Oct is way too early for snow!

Rob and Erin Smith said...

I love your hair!!! I know we already talked about it, but it's so cute! esp with mousse, without was way cute too, and you look very girly, hee hee Nuala! I love that pic of N and B holding hands and running down the path. So carefree...until the bushes incident ;) Oh, a cute Maeve in her diaper in the snow! She is a toughie!