Tuesday, March 22, 2011

hello! ...chau!

You've probably forgotten what Maeve looks like, since she wasn't featured in the previous post, so here she is again. Just pretending to talk on the phone, but what can I say? I'm her mama, everything she does is cute! (Almost.)
This was a week and a half ago (after church on Sunday), and since then what she normally says on/to a phone has changed from "hello" to "hi dada". She misses her daddy! She throws a fit, too, if someone dares to take the phone from her while Z is still on it, so now we just let her be the last one to talk to him. Then she ditches on her terms.
ALSO, the last couple of days, she's been repurposing "hello" as a way to ask for something. Example: I was making guacamole for dinner tonight and Maeve arrived, little hand sticking up. She oozed her way between me and the counter and started saying "heh-whoa! heh-whoa!" until I popped a piece of avocado in her mouth. Like she's announcing her presence and demanding to taste whatever goody is around. "Um, hellO-o! Feed me!" To her credit, she has also started saying a version of "thank you" sometimes, so she's not a total barbarian. (I do wish she would hum it, like cousin Aoife, though! ;)
And the thumb wave accompanying the "chau"... that's not normal. She just likes to mix things up a bit sometimes.

Hello! from Fiona Rollins on Vimeo.

4 comments:

Tara said...

She is soooo cute! I feel like I say that every time you post about Maeve but...it's true. I'm impressed with how clearly she say hello and chau. Cute how she loves talking to Z, I'm sure all the kiddos are so excited for him to get home.

David said...

Dad & I just loved this post ...and laughed :) ... she has such a warm smile all the time ... and her cute thumb wave; I note she is looking at her thumb too! She does say a nice heh-whoa... so funny about the "feed me" request too ... I think I'd've been right there with her since it was guacamole! You are right, we needed to see more Maeve! I like her pompadour hair style also! Love, Mom (Dad too) xox

Rob and Erin Smith said...

Oh! She is soooo cute! I love it! Aoife was grinning away at her the whole time. She speaks so clearly! and the Thumb wave, ahahhaha! So awesome! Poor little Maeve, not knowing why Daddy's been gone so long...love the pen decorations too, creative little lass you've got there :0)

Grandma said...

hmmmmmmmmmmm does that mean that Mom talks a lot on the phone or dad? cause she sure does a great job.