Sunday, December 26, 2010

walk on, Maeve!

Maeve Walks from Fiona Rollins on Vimeo.

Here's a little video of Maeve walking... It's been just about a month since she took her first two little baby steps, and in that time hasn't been too thrilled about the whole walking thing. Just practicing a bit here and there... though one day not long after the Turkey trip she took eight steps! Yes, EIGHT! But besides that only a few at a time. In the last couple of days, though, she's been working on it a ton. Here's a clip from tonight. TWENTY-ONE steps. Woohoo! Except it means she's growing up. Booo!

Nuala and Bran were spinning around and around and around and around...and around... I almost wanna throw up just thinking about it. Weird that you can love doing that as a kid, and then, bam! You grow up and can't stomach it at all... Anyway, Maeve was doing her version of a spin, too, so that's also in the video. Shockingly (haha), it was cute. Yeah, I actually haven't discovered a thing she can do that's not cute. Well, when she tries to death roll my nipple that's not so cute. Hmmm... no, actually, despite the swimming pain and single-minded frantic drive to pry her 6 little razor teeth off me, she's still cute. Though Bran and Nuala chastise me for yelling at her: "Her is just a BABY, mommy!" Yeah... let her gnaw on them once and they'll change their tune...

6 comments:

Carolyn said...

so fun about the walking, or maybe stressful is the right word. wow sorry about the biting. ouch

Sari said...

oh man Gracie has some catching up to do with the walking the most we got was about 5 today. I am totally with you on the biting thing especially since G is working on bottom Molars and eye teeth.... can these two slow down already....

Rob and Erin Smith said...

Wow!!! Those are some awesome moves, Maeve!!! She is Cruising! Way ahead of Aoifs. A is Still at the one step then drop. I totally LOVE her spin! How cute is that?! I also love her skirt, where did you get it? She fits right in with your fun-loving family, so go, go, go... Love it. I can't wait to show the kids in the morning. I loved Bran's roll move, she's so involved! And Nuala's tutu is super cute! I'm definitely with you on the spinning, ha ha!

Tara said...

I can't believe she thinks she's big enough to be walking around like that! Pretty impressive. And the attempt at spinning was the cutest! Oh my goodness! We watched it several times because T kept saying 'oh no!' when it was over. I love M's outfit too, she looks sooooo cute!

pauline said...

That was SO cute! She is so sturdy on her little feet, and determined to just go! I love her little tiny skirt too... and N&B spinning so well :) I can't believe you and Z are not right there in the middle spinning as too!(heeheehee) It is so cute to see Maeve trying to spin like her big bro and sis! Thanks for sharing, and for the great big laughs :) :) :)

pauline said...

...hmmm, take out the "as" ... xox