Sunday, October 17, 2010

the creatively titled "More Stuff at Home" post

It's midnight. I can't think of a good title. But this is something that I can and AM thinking of: I'm going to do better -- better I say! -- at blogging more smoothly... I have all sorts of stuff backed up to blog about. Not to be all self-centered and think that y'all need/want to hear about it all, but mostly because I hope to one day make those cool books out of our blog and want this stuff in there! So anyway. Here is another load-o-pics that were just plain necessary...

Yeah, the Jones twins again...
My beautiful girls! I love how much they love each other! Seriously. It's cheesy-sounding, but so true. Nuala is the best big sister, and sweet-talks Maeve and just loves on her so much. I'm so excited for them to grow up together! Sisters are awesome.

Bran! My cute guy. He wanted "monster toes" so he took a green marker to 'em. He was pretty pleased :)

This is what I was told in regards to the above pic: "Mommy! Come sit here! It is NOT a trap!" Yeah... no reason at ALL to be suspicious of a cushion precariously balanced on the edges of the coffee table and couch. Of course I sat on it and crashed dramatically to the floor. They took great joy in that... Setting traps is a favorite past-time around the house. We all take turns.
Whip against a battle-ax... I don't remember who won. Hmmm... they should have a rematch, 'cause now I'm curious...
Nuala and Maeve with the glitter glue. This has been one of the best art purchases ever. Nuala and Bran love creating with them, and Maeve is enthralled by them, too. I think she likes the semi-squishiness of the little tubes they're in. And I thought they were pretty secure so I let her play with them all she wanted to, until the day I was changing her diaper and was greeted by poop so sparkly I had to shield my eyes. No more glitter glue for her... Ha, bet you're disappointed there's not a picture of THAT in here... Sorry I let you down.
She now arches halfway outta her swing when she's had enough. Looks soooo uncomfortable! But it works, since I come swooping in to save her from snapping in half.
Bran and Nuala having lunch in front of the TV. Not an everyday occurrence, don't worry. I just thought Maeve looked cute, tacked on there at the end.
Good balance! Well, usually... there has been an unfortunate crash or two to the floor, but that's all part of childhood, right? Gotta earn that first cast somehow! (kidding! I'm all for no casts in our future, but still fun/exploring/trying new things. So far they've had really flexible bones.)
I never get tired of looking at this face. Even at 3 in the morning I'm glad to see her, even if a major part of me wishes she would've stayed asleep, of course. I mean, Z's the one who hops up to bring her to me, then we just snuggle down till REAL morning. Not a bad deal!

7 comments:

pauline said...

Those are great pics! M's hair is getting quite long... the "Jones" twins are very cute ... and the sisters pic... I like the green toes! ... like the swing arch too :) Don't worry, WE don't think you put up too many pics! Thanks for sharing ... love, Mom (Dad too) xox

Megan and Greg said...

wow, really great pics. loved the whole narrative :)

Tara said...

Those Jones twins are so cute! Oh Maeve, she is just adorable, I love all the pics of her. She and Nuala are so cute together, and I love the awesome swing pic. Nice description of the glitter poo...and that trap! They are so funny!

zachariah said...

Ahh, the idomitable Jones twins... they are a serious force to be reckoned with, when they don't start whipping each other over their archeological finds...

Aislinn said...

Awesome! I too, love the Jones twins, but the pic of Maeve throwing herself dramatically out of her swing is my fave, LOL. All three of your kiddos are adorable!!! I'm also LOL at the empty wooden people mover. Ours is empty all the time, too, LOL. Do you know where your people are? I can only find a few...

Aislinn said...

Oh! And I have no doubt that the first casts will be well earned, LOL. ;o)

Rob and Erin Smith said...

I totally love the Jones twins too! Haha! Such a gripping description "snapping in half" Yikes! Hahaha! You had to "shield your eyes" from her sparkly diaper! That's awesome!!! This post had all of us Laughing! Love the monster toes! Those girls are so beautiful and what a handsome little man that Bran is too! I'm with Mom, never too many pictures :0)