Thursday, July 03, 2008

Guadalupe River Rats

And more pictures...we took the tykes to the Guadalupe River yesterday. Awww, see my little fuzz-head?

Granny was a great sport and ran up and down the hill to get my camera. Here she is with Bran:
Bran looks happy here! I think he was... unfortunately, he didn't overall enjoy the excursion. He did like catching frogs with Daddy and riding on our backs. He did not like being sent floating on his back down the little "rapids," like Nuala did.
Daddy makes an awesome river raft.

"Smile for the camera, Nuala!" Yep. The ultimate bad parenting photo.
And the follow-up. She was diving for a rock to throw. See? I wasn't ignoring OR dunking my child. We had some cool clouds, but it only thundered and sprinkled on us a little as we were leaving.
And here's a video of our very own river rat: Nuala! This is one of her first runs, and it's really short. After we put the camera away, the runs got longer till she was able to float for about 10 seconds on her own! Which is a long time when you think about it. Bran was not into that, but Nuala just LOVED it! Even when her lips turned blue and her teeth were chattering, she was demanding "more, more, more!"

11 comments:

Rob and Erin said...

They're such cute little river rats indeed! Good job grabbing Nuala by her shoulder, Mom! Don't want any nurse maids elbow! I love the picture of Zac and Bran, I can just picture the two of them chasing frogs around. What a fun day at the Guadalupe! ha that rhymes!

JnR said...

You can't visit home without going to the Guadalupe! Looks like a fun time, love the picture of you pushing Nuala under water oh I mean of her looking for a rock!;) Thanks for posting all the fun you are having!

Molly said...

dang i need to catch up on you posts! what a fun tome this looks like. preparing for the big umpqua next week! cant wait to see you guys!!!!

Tara said...

umm...what rhymes? Looks like a fun day! I LOVE the picture of Nuala face planted in the water...cute video too!

Gary Patrick Ricker said...

'fun day' and 'guadalupe'...clever, Erin. It does look like an enjoyable outing.

Tara said...

Oh, I always just read it Guadaloop...I blame that on Dad...

fiona said...

Wow. That's embarrassing, Tara.

Carolyn said...

Looks like a blast. You kids are so cute. I am glad you had so much fun. It is too bad I couldn't find a way to meet up with you when you were in the states for so long guess I'll just have to make it to Uruguay.

Megan and Greg said...

Funny, when I saw the one with Nuala under the water I thought you took the picture on purpose because she was putting her head underwater on purpose! It was a great shot. That's cool she's so brave. I'm still scared of rivers!

Twinkies said...

So where are you guys going to be transfered next?

Sutton Family said...

wow, that looks like fun. When I was a kid, my family would take a yearly summer vacation to San Antonio and we'd go play in rivers down there- it is totally something I associate with Texas. Unfortunatley all the rivers up here are "closed"- the massive snow fall this winter is finally melting and flooding the river areas creating dangerous debris- or so they say. grumble grumble...