Sunday, December 15, 2013

S-T-A-R... that's what you are!


One rainy Saturday back in September, the girlies got to attend a cheer/dance workshop.  Nuala WAS excited, despite her expression... She's mentioned once or twice... or seven or eight times... that she wants to be a cheerleader, and I've been, of course, dragging my feet on that (not outwardly! just trying to redirect!), so this was a good way for her to get a bit of a cheering (more of a dance) fix. It was from 9am until 3pm, and was probably slightly long for the littlest tykes, but they had fun. So did Bran and I.  Z was out of town, so Muffin Man and I got some one-on-one time.  


We went to watch the girlies (and the boys. I told B he could totally do it, but he didn't want to. Weird.) perform at the end of the day.  Here we have: Fiona, Sena, and Maeve. The 3-5 year olds were in a group together, so these lil' ones got to stick together. Fiona is 4, and Sena had juuuust turned 5. They also had another friend, Lizzy, there, but she was not nearby when I took this pic. Their little group was called the "Pink Panthers." Yay! Pink.


Nuala was a Purple Leopard. Oh, Nuala. I fear she is a recipient of her mother's rhythm. But at least she has fun! That's just gotta be your mantra, when doing anything... well, just anything! ;)


Yep. She'll at least have fun!


M getting ready to perform. Looks kinda done, huh?


Or very done. And her shirt reminds me of a time in 4th grade when I wore my HUGE school spirit shirt to class (go Degan Eagles! And later that year the Treasure Hills Elem. Pirates!), and my teacher whispered as we were walking down the hall, "oh, good! I just saw your shorts peek out. I was about to ask if you were wearing any!" Ahem. Of COURSE I was.


Mustering up some energy during their performance... "S... T... A... R... that's what you are!" They still sing it.  And see? Boys!


Post-performance... Japanese Two! (which is what Maeve calls holding up the peace sign for pics... very Japanese.)


Maeve on the left, as you know, and Fiona on the right.


She was sooooo interested in what the lady was saying.


Please... be over...

And... your lucky day! A video! At the beginning... Nuala! hehehee... She's awesome. She really reminds me of the older sister in Dirty Dancing, dancing in the talent show at the end of the movie. Then Maeve. Then a little of Nuala... then Maeve sitting around, and being kinda cute at the end... anyway... 

4 comments:

pauline said...

Aww ... that was all so cute ... I like their t-shirts too. I like when M finally noticed you were making the video ... that changed it all! That'll just whet N's appetite all the more ... to be a cheerleader :) I am sure B enjoyed his one-on-one just as well! Love, Mom (Dad too) xox

Tara said...

So cute! You are right, fun is all that matters at that age! Nuala did an awesome job with the dance, and Maeve was so cute, love how she started acting when she saw you. I'm sure she will appreciate you saving that wedgie (murph?) picking for posterity.

zachariah said...

More proof that lack of rythm is genetic...

Megan and Greg said...

Your kids are seriously so cute. I can't believe how blond they are.