Wednesday, August 31, 2011

only climb naked if you're a girl

Yesterday was an eventful day 'round these parts. Maeve added three new words to her ever-growing, and actually quite extensive, vocabulary: Carry, Wipe, and Yogurt. She was trying to lug a package of diapers up from the basement, and since it was about as tall as her smidgey self, and probably half her weight, she quickly passed them off to me with a "Mama, carry it!" Later, after eating something messy (probably yogurt), she held up her little hands and ordered, "Mama, wipe it!" And I got of lot of "more yo-gut!" too. Zachariah says she'd been saying "yo-gut" for the last couple of weeks, but somehow I hadn't heard it. Haha... Nuala still calls yogurt "yogret." I almost started overtly correcting her, and stopped myself just in time. It's cute, and I know that too soon I'll be wishing that she still called it that... Anyway. Yum. Bulgarian yogret!

THEN, that evening Bran yelled from the backyard, "Mom, look at Maeve!" I ran outside, grabbing a not-so-great camera on my way, and was greeted by this sight. Look at that little monkey! She loves the geo-dome, but has only been able to swing by her hands from that same bar level that her stomach's on. Okay, this isn't the actual sight I was greeted by. The actual sight had Bran on the ground hovering beside her protectively, but when I got out there he decided that he'd done his duty and resumed previous activities. I saw that she was precariously stable, so I took some pics as I was coming to her "rescue." By "rescue," I mean that I was totally unwelcome. She thought she had it all under control. I was yelled at quite a lot when I "rescued" her. Then she showed me how she did it. Shimmied up with her feet, obviously. But, yowsa, this geo-dome thing has now warranted a lot more supervision!
(p.s. Yes, it was a naked time. Good thing she's not a boy, huh? There's always snagging potential while climbing in the buff for a boy. Bran has proved that.)

7 comments:

Aislinn said...

Awesome new words, Maeve! LOVE the pics! She looks mighty proud of herself in the second pic...can't blame her! Those are some nice little muscles she's building! She is going to be so thrilled that you have these awesome naked climbing pictures of her, someday. ;) So sweet of Bran to stand protectively by her until you arrived, too. <3

Bonnie said...

Wow, that is some impressive climbing, Maeve! Toddler buns are so cute.

Tara said...

Hahaha! That is hilarious. I love the last picture, pretty clever of her to figure it out. Lol about Bran ditching her once you got there. Nice title :)

pauline said...

Hi ... those are great pics.. I L'dOL plenty ... hmmm, I think it might not be much fun, even for a naked little girl, to have a mishap on that thing ...keep an eye out for her climbing your door jams any day now; it's in her blood you know! I remember N calling it "yogret" ... hee hee hee, very cute. Love you and miss you ... Mom (Dad too) xox

Megan and Greg said...

That is pretty cute.

Megan B ♥ said...

Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha! life just doesn't get any better than that, does it?

Rob and Erin Smith said...

Ahahaha! So cute! Look at her go! Bran's such a good big bro, hovering protectively, so sweet!