Wednesday, March 09, 2011

free the tummies!

Checking on the Maevesters during her nap, I realized why she'd been a little more vocal before falling asleep. It was all I could do to NOT fix her shirt, poor babe, but I guess she decided it wasn't too uncomfortable, since she was snoozing away soundly when I peeked in. This reminded me of her big sis, when she was an even wee-er one, back in September 2007. Bran never had this issue. Probably because once he went down, the blankie was snuggled and in went the thumb... difficult to maneuver your way outta your shirt when your hands are otherwise occupied.

I love this one. The past few weeks she's been perfecting her glare. This is one variation. I'd definitely say the girl's got it down... it almost makes me smile as much as her big grin does! Of course, when you're 13 months (and 3 days) old, it's hard NOT to be cute -- grin OR glare...

(Happy birthday, Gary and Doug!)

8 comments:

Aislinn said...

Bwahahaha! The glare is perfect! Actually, she reminds me alot of the look I've seen Zac give you when you're being particularly bossy...;) It cracks me up that she got out of her shirt like that. She was probably wondering why you took so long fixing it for her too, LOL. I can't believe how BIG she is!!! <3 Bran is totally adorable with his blankie and thumb, too. It's like some special club. We were at the chiro yesterday and a woman came in carrying a 4 year old boy whose thumb was stuck firmly in his mouth. Rowan looked up and saw him and immediately said, "Hey! He sucks his thumb, too!" and was instant best friends with the kid. Well, Rowan was. The other boy was a bit slower to warm up, LOL.

Aislinn said...

Score! I was FIRST! Take that, Tara! ;)

Tara said...

Lol,darn it, that's what happens when I let Marc use my computer! I miss out on being the first commenter!

Maeve is so, so cute! I love the little glare, and the cute little tummy. How funny that she and Nuala both did/do that!

Tara said...

...not to mention her mother doing it too ... I suppose it lends a certain element of independence to one's life when one is only 13 months old! But I guess they are wondering why they are sorta uncomfortable with the result! Such cute pics of the little rascals! Thanks for sharing ... love, Mom at Tara's & Marc's house xox

zachariah said...

Her glares are awesome! Miss you guys!

Rob and Erin Smith said...

Cute! I love the belly look! So funny! Her cute little glare, awww!

Grandma said...

I think I posted to the wrong blog piture. Any way what ever I said didn't show up here. If that is the only glare you get WOW Heidi needs to post Prestons glare.
That is adorable look on Mauve.
lv grama buttons

Grandma said...

I forgot to sign in thats why my origanl coment didn't show. I loved the extra thumb wave at the end of her phone call that she gave!