Sunday, February 20, 2011

dictator skills...and dancing! Dancing skills, too!

Maeve TyrantDance from Fiona Rollins on Vimeo.

This girl makes me laugh! The first half of the video is Maeve walking around, channeling her inner dictator. It was hilarious, the way she was stomping about, yelling and hand-gesturing... little Hitler. I kept trying to think of someone else to compare her to, because, you know, he's pretty evil. But honestly, that's the only schmuck who kept popping in my head. If anyone can think of any other "nicer" dictator, please let me know...yeah. A nice dictator. Does Granny count? hahaha... kidding! (...ish...)

The second half is her "dancing" with Nuala and Bran. They're actually dancing to The Voyage of Bran CD, by Maire Breatnach. I love it. I think Bran was slightly disappointed when we got it and I told him, all excitedly, "this is music about BRAN and his voyage..." It's really lovely Celtic music, but not as tough-sounding as he'd like, I'm thinking... he's got his ninja-dancing moves down, though!

9 comments:

Tara said...

Haha, that was so cute! I love the way she kept waving her weapons around, too. She's so funny. Love the dancing, they all have such different little dance styles ;). I like how giggly Maeve was when she started dancing.

Megan and Greg said...

Great video. She totally DOES look like a mini-Hitler. When you add the "little" or "mini" it doesn't sound so horrible. She is so cute. Oh hey, if you wanna see Greg get tazed and pepper sprayed, it's on the blog. The clips are short.

zachariah said...

The multitude of weapons goes along with the whole dictator persona she's trying to pull off...

Andrew said...

ahh the joys of watching what are little ones pick up on...hmm I wonder where she learned how to be a little Hitler... thanks for the laugh.

Rob and Erin Smith said...

Hahahahahaha! Granny, ahahahahaha! So funny, no, Granny's not a dictator... anymore, she ceded her power to the next generation of dictators ;) Just kidding, Mom! LOved this video! So cute! All the kids loved it too, they were gathered around watching and demanding more, of course. So fun! He does have some awesome ninja dance moves, the kicks, the hand behind the head chop, so awesome! Brigit thought Nuala's dancing was "beautiful" and Maeve was having so much fun! I loved listening to her babbling :0)

Rochelle said...

when hitler would speak he'd get all worked up and his hair would do just what Maeve's looks like. hahaha....hey my own father looked like hitler...well enough of that.....she's really cute....I could stand being bossed around by her.

David said...

Oh that was great ... right up to the part of the Granny-dictator!!! I wonder what M is wishing to communicate with her intense feelings ... hmmm, she could even be directing a choir part of that time! Now, let's see what I can ORDER you to do! Love anyway, Mom (Dad too) xox

David said...

THIS IS MOM ... you prob figured out that it was me (Mom) on that last comment too ... I didn't know Dad had his google account open... Love ANYWAY, Mom xox

Grandma said...

I loved it. Very Bossy Maueve! Don't let them push you around just because you are the youngest. Keep up the cool dance moves kids.