Sunday, January 07, 2007

She shoots, she scores!

Saturday was a fun day! The weather was gorgeous, almost 70 degrees, not quite right for January, but beautiful nonetheless. Early that morning (okay, it was already about 8, but it felt very, very early...) we were up with the two munchkins in the endless cycle of changing, feeding, playing, sleeping, when I was afforded the priceless opportunity to take a shower, a rare occurance these days.

Nuala was on the couch and I had just removed her diaper. Normally, Bran is the one to watch out for, for obvious reasons, but Nuala proved that girls are just as dangerous. If not more so. With no warning, out of her naked little bottom shot a bright yellow poo stream. No, not a stream, a river. A fair bit of it went on my arm, but I also had the warm goo on all pieces of clothing, as well as my face. Ewww.

It was very, very disgusting. But, like I said, I did get a shower out of it, so not all bad. Now, though, we're understandably paranoid about changing sweet little Nuala's diaper.

7 comments:

Kristin said...

Is it bad that I'm laughing here? I would say I can feel your pain, but so far Clara has only given us one blow-out (this morning at 2 am). Nothing so forceful as of yet. Hope you guys are hanging in there...just about three weeks down for us both!

Anonymous said...

shes just practicing her aim what can you say but all i can say is at least it wasnt me

foculbrown said...

Julie:
Welcome to the dark side of parenting complete with projectile pooping. The up side is that you are disgusted with it--just imagine if a day comes when you AREN'T.

Anonymous said...

I heard that stuff goes great with banana bread!

Heidi said...

Oh man! That is about equal to the time a few weeks ago when Colin spit up a combo of partially digested formula and green beans in my mouth (long story). You are such a good mommy!

Anonymous said...

After 7 years, I can finally laugh since the shoe (or should I say 'poo'?)is on the other foot (or should I say 'arm/body/face'?! Mwahahahaha! (That's my evil laugh, in case you couldn't tell. ;o))

At least she's cute, right? ;o)

Anonymous said...

Okay, I don't know why I showed up as 'anonymous'...that's me, your dear sister, Aislinn. :o)