Sunday, September 17, 2006

Go Nats!

Last night we went to a Washington Nationals baseball game. They're the MLB team here in DC, they just moved back here a year or so ago and the BYU alumni chapter in the area was sponsoring "Mormon Night at the Washington Nationals."

For a mere $10 we got to mingle with other ex-BYUers, eat a picnic bbq, and sit up in the cheap seats at the game. Zac's not a huge baseball fan -- not a huge sports fan in general, though he's good at sports and will play with me if I force him (did I say force? I meant "ask"), so he wasn't thrilled at going to this. Especially since we rode the metro in, something he really dislikes dating back to when we lived in ghetto Maryland and he had terrible experiences riding the metro to and from the Pentagon daily. Also, he was pretty darn sick this weekend, but, hey, we paid for the tickets, so we were going!

We met up with the Smiths at RFK Stadium. They'd been at Six Flags and came straight from there, so Liam was having quite the exciting day. For weeks he'd been talking about going to a baseball game, and had recently earned enough potty-training stickers to get a baseball helmet. That came to the game as well. So did his bat, ball and glove. He's an amazingly good little athlete for 2-1/2 years old. I attribute that to his Ricker genes ;) 'Course with his 6'7" athletic daddy's genes, he would have to be one unlucky kid to somehow dodge the sportsy train.

We had lots of fun! Brought back lots of softball memories, Erin and I reminisced about playing together in high school, she was 2nd base, I was 3rd...good old days...

Of course, I could barely walk by the time we got home, what with all the traipsing around to/from the metro, out to the bbq, back to the stadium, but, hey, the pain'll fade eventually ;)

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Fiona, you are the cutest little person ever. I cannot believe you are having twins -- you are so small still! That is very lucky. I was borderline gigantic -- when I went out I always got strange looks and people would nervously ask me if I was going to deliver right then and there. I am so excited for you guys. We miss you very much and are so glad you have a blog to keep us posted. Gooooood luck!!!! You will be great. Twins are the best.

Anonymous said...

Hey y'all..sounds like a fun weekend. Did the Nationals win? I bet Liam really had a great time. I'll talk to you sometime.